ITALIAN – ROMANIAN COURSE
An event organized by Neuromed Training Center along with Treviso Hospital (Italy) physicians and specialists in Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology Timisoara
- Imaging in chronic pancreatitis – Dr. Giovanni Morana;
- The importance of contrast-enhanced ultrasound in the assessment of the hepatic focal lesions in practical use – our experience – Dr. Alina Popescu;
- MRI Imaging in focal liver lesions – Dr. Giovanni Morana;
- MRI angiography – clinical applications to the abdomen – Dr. Giovanni Morana;
- Cardiac Surgery in Treviso (Italy) – our experience – Dr. Carlo Valfre;
- The experience of Neuromed Diagnostic Imaging Center in exploring cardiovascular patients – Dr. Marius Gratian.
Difficult cases – discussions
The course was attended by medical specialists from Timisoara Emergency County Hospital, Department of Gastroenterology, computed tomography / MRI radiologists and operators of Neuromed Diagnostic Imaging Center, PhD. Marian Gaspar of the Cardiovascular Diseases Institute of Timisoara, Dr. Carlo Valfre – Chaiman of Motta Di Livenza Hospital, Treviso area, Italy, Dr. Morana Giovanni – Director of the Radiology Department of the Ca’ Foncello General Hospital, Treviso.
A FEW WORDS ABOUT OUR SPEAKERS
Dr. Morana Giovanni – Treviso Hospital, Italy
Giovanni Morana is the Manager of the Radiology Department of the Ca’ Foncello General Hospital, Treviso (IT)
Member of the Association of radiologists of Italy, Member of the European College of Radiology, member of Radiological Society of North America, Member of the European Society of Gastroenterology in Radiology, member of the International Society for Magnetic Resonance.
Scientific Consultant of Magnetic Resonance division within the Association of radiologists of Italy 2008-2012.
He is also a member of the Executive Committee of the European Society of Gastroenterology and Abdominal Radiology.
He is a member of the editorial board „Medical Imaging” 2006.
Reviewer for “European Radiology”, “European Journal of Radiology” and “Investigative Radiology”.
He has also been involved in ECR Scientific Committee between 2005 and 2010.
The conference chairman „22nd Annual Meeting of the European Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology (ESGAR)”, organized in Venice on 21-24 May 2011.
He published 47 articles, 22 book chapters, 82 abstracts and 36 posters. His posters were awarded in numerous international meetings (ECR 200, ECR 2001, ESGAR 2001, ECR 2002). He lectured over 187 papers both nationally and internationally.
Givoanni Morana is an expert in liver and pancreas MRI and clinical applications of contrast. He was involved in numerous research projects on these items, mostly based on clinical applications in liver MRI, the optimization of contrast agent used in MRI as well as in the protocols of blood vessels scanning during MRI.
Dr. Carlo Valfré – Chairman of Motta Di Livenza, Italy Hospital
Dr. Valfrè, currently the Chairman of Motta Di Livenza Hospital graduated the University of Padova in 1968. He started his cardiac surgeon career under the guidance of prof. Cavese and Galluci. He is specialized in general surgery, cardiac surgery, cardiology, thoracic surgery and he was one of the protagonists of the first cardiac transplant of Italy. He became known in several fields of the cardiac surgery with a series of interventions on the mitral valve and in the conservation of the aortic valve and has published over 150 scientific papers. He also played an important role in the use of the biological materials, obtained by means of the cellular engineering.
Dr. Alina Popescu – Gastroenterologist, the Emergency Clinical County Hospital of Timisoara
Alina Popescu, MD, PhD
- Junior lecturer, Gastroenterology Department, University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Timisoara;
- Specialist in gastroenterology and internal medicine;
- Secretary of WFUMB (World Federation for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology) Excellence Center of Timisoara, Romania;
- Member of the Ultrasonography Romanian Society in Medicine and Biology, (SRUMB), European Federation of Societies for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology (EFSUMB), Ultrasonography, World Federation for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology (WFUMB), Romanian Society for Gastroenterology and Hepatology (SRGH), Romanian Society of Endoscopy (SRED), European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (EGSGE), American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE), American Gastroenterology Association (AGA).
Dr. Gratian Dragoslav Miclaus – Neuromed, Romania, Radiologist
Dr. Gratian Dragoslav Miclaus is the chief of the Radiology Department within Neuromed Diagnostic Imaging Center, Timisoara, Romania.
Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography - Level III of 2007 CBCCT Diplomate of 2009 (Certification Board of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography)
- Member of the Cardiovascular Computed Tomography Society USA (SCCT)
- Member of International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine
- Associate Professor of Polytechnic University Timisoara
- Partner of 7 scientific research projects
- Trainer in CT applications for Siemens Healthcare
- Lecturer on several national and international congresses and symposiums
- He published 10 articles, a book chapter, 6 summaries and 6 posters.
His experience in the interpretation and investigation of the angiographies by means of the computed tomography exceeds 20,000 cases.